Writing sprints are a great way to get words written down on a daily basis. Make it fun! I did sprints during the football halftimes on Sunday. Other times could be
- While waiting for kids to finish lessons or sports
- After putting dinner in the oven (the timer is already going!)
- During lunch or a coffee break
- Between commercials and a favorite show
- After doing three chores and then writing for the same amount of time it took to do the chores.
Or drop everything you’re doing right this minute and set a timer. Ready? Set? Go write!
When could you set up writing sprints during your day?
Categories: Between the Lines: This Writer's Journal
Book Reader and Reviewer
Labrador Retriever Owner
Mother of Three Boys
Quiet Moments (a rare commodity!)
Singer in Church Choir
Wife of My High School Sweetheart
Yarn-Lover (the wool kind and the story kind)