- a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation.
- Usually memoirs.
- an account of one’s personal life and experiences; autobiography.
- the published record of the proceedings of a group or organization, as of a learned society.
- a biography or biographical sketch.
Here are my Top 7 memoirs or biographies.
- Road Song by Natalie Kusz (I have to list this one first because Natalie was my college advisor. If I learned anything about writing creative nonfiction, I learned it from her.)
- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard (I loaned out my copy and never got it back. Yes, it is that good!)
- Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott (I loved Anne Lamott’s writing before this book, but I loved her writing more after reading this book.)
- The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure (Because I have journeyed to most of the Little House on the Prairie sites.)
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt (Simply unforgettable!)
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Truly inspirational in all senses of the word!)
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (Because this book inspired me to start reading books with my mom before the end of either of our lives.)
Categories: Book Reviews
Book Reader and Reviewer
Labrador Retriever Owner
Mother of Three Boys
Quiet Moments (a rare commodity!)
Singer in Church Choir
Wife of My High School Sweetheart
Yarn-Lover (the wool kind and the story kind)